Sarawak Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority (SALCRA) was establish in May, 1976 as a Government Statutory Body under the Sarawak Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority Ordinance, 1976.
Currently, SALCRA is managing nineteen (19) Oil Palm Estates for Estates Participants and four (4) Palm Oil Mills.
SALCRA also had started its expansion and diversification programs as follows:
- Incorporated and activated a subsidiary company, SALCRA Jaya Sdn. Bhd. (SJSB) to support the Group by undertaking agriculture related and logistic business activities.
- Acquired Sarawak Fertilizer Sdn. Bhd. (SFSB) to produce and supply fertilizer for SALCRA's estates.
- Set-up Research and Development (R&D) works for tree crops (Bamboo and Gaharu Research).
- Embark on Integrated Fish Culture Project at Batang Ai Lubok Antu and has been appointed by the State Government as the Lead and Implementing Agency under the National Key Economic Area (NKEA) EPP4-Aquaculture.
- Oil Palm Seed Garden at Agriculture Integrated Centre, Karabungan, Miri.
- Setting up a Training Centre at Bajo, Lundu.
The State government of Sarawak has always emphasized on well-balanced urban and rural development in order to achieve a holistic development that benefits both the urban and rural population.
One of the government’s most effective strategies to date is the large-scale and systematic development of Native Customary Rights land or NCR land on a commercial basis, implemented through Sarawak Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority or SALCRA.
- To raise lon term productivity and optimum utilization of NCR land by developing and managing the development of such land which are hitherto underutilized, unutilized or underdevelop.
- To create employment opportunity in the agriculture sector.
- To provide a reasonable standard of living to the rural population through stable and improved level of income on sustainable basis.
- To improve the quality of rural life through provisions on the upgrading of the basic social amenities and facilities.
- Developing and managing NCR Land, Native Land and Mixed Zone land for Oil Palm and Tea estates based on "in-situ" concept.
- Processing Fresh Fruit Bunches (FFB) to produce Crude Palm Oil (CPO) and Palm Kernel (PK).
- Marketing of oil palm products and other agriculture inputs and products.
- Research and Development - Bamboo, Agarwood and Seed Garden.
- Integrated cage fish farming.
- Rehabilitate land for Agriculture purpose.
- Promote and undertake agriculture development or projects in the State.
- Develop for agriculture on its own or amalgamated with others in areas already declared as Development Area.
- Initiate and carry out projects of schemes for development improvement of Agriculture.