At SALCRA, we not only create wealth, we also engage our Stakeholders. What do we do for "Stakeholders Engagement"?, plenty. Unrivaled in land development.
Some of this includes:
- Regular reporting on the status of projects being implemented to both the State and Federal Government
- Report on the yearly progress and performance to State Legislative Assembly
- Engagement with the over twenty thousand landowners through the Estate Development Committees
- Participation in exhibition in Divisional, State and National level
- Collaboration with third parties such as local communities, Forestry Corporation, Department of Agriculture
- Ahli Jawatankuasa Pembangunan Ladang SALCRA (AJPLS) Conference
- Field visits
- Gotong - royong
- Study tour by potential landowners
- Involvement in Budget Objective Setting
- Involvement in Budget Parameter
- Signing of "Letter of Consent - LOC"
- Signing of "Land Development Agreement - LDA"
Benefits of Participating in SALCRA's Projects
- Issuance of land titles
- Payment of dividend
- Opportunities for employment
- Accessibility to infrastructures
- Local involvement management
It takes many decades of changing the mindset of the rural communities to accept change: moving from subsistence farming to commercial plantations. Our experience has shown that the rate of development will be faster with the engagement of the Stakeholders; in particular the thousand of landowners who are participating in our projects.
All these can be achieved through a dedicated and efficient management coupled with good governance and strategic CSR practices.
SALCRA has strengthened its policies, reached out to its stakeholders, raised the bar on performance targets and broaden its exposure to the industry at large.